Pelee Passage Old Light
This light formerly served to mark a reef area in Pelee Passage in western Lake Erie.
It was erected in 1902 after the Pelee Point Light had burned down in 1900.
The light was replaced in 1976 by a modern light on a helicopter platform.
This 1902 light was moved to Windsor to honor Americo Dean, who was the founder of Dean Construction Company, which had been contracted to dismantled the light.
|Return to Lighthouses of the Great Lakes||Detroit Index|
Copyright © Lighthouse.Boatnerd.com