Buffalo Bottle Lights
By

The Buffalo Bottle Lights are two of the more distinguished lights ever constructed. The cast-iron structures are shaped like Chianti wine bottles and marked the ends of the Buffalo Breakwater from 1903 until 1985.

When the lights were deactivated, one was placed on the grounds of USCG Station Buffalo and the other was taken to grounds of the Dunkirk, NY Light.

 

Click on images to enlarge

Photograph by Dave Wobser

Location: Formerly marked the ends of the Buffalo Breakwater.
Date Built: 1903
Active:  

Open to
public:

Yes

 

Return to Lighthouses of the Great Lakes Lake Erie Index

Copyright Lighthouse.Boatnerd.com