Cleveland East Pierhead Light

The East Pierhead Light was built in 1911 on the long break wall that protects Cleveland Harbor from Lake Erie. The East and West Pierhead lights are separated by a distance of about a half mile.

A light station had existed in the area since 1831. Previous tower on the site included a 32-foot pyramidal wooden tower on the East Pier that was built in 1869 and rebuilt in 1875. The pier head on which the tower sits was rebuilt in 1948 after a collision.

The light held a Fifth Order Fresnel lens that was replaced by a 300 mm solar powered light.

Click on image to enlarge

Photograph by TZ

Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Date Built: 1911
Active: Yes

Open to public:

No
Directions
Can be viewed from land, only by boat.
Return to Lighthouses of the Great Lakes Lake Erie Index

Copyright Lighthouse.Boatnerd.com