A light was installed at Huron, Ohio, on the west pierhead and first put in operation in 1835.
After the pier was extended, the 1835 light served as an operating center and rear range light for the present day tower. A new light tower was built in 1857 and is shown in the historical photo.
The foundation and part of the railing from the original structure are still visible.
The historical photographs and text are displayed courtesy of the Great Lakes Historical Society, Vermilion, Ohio. They were taken from the Society's 2003 Calendar and were edited by Al Hart. Image may not be reproduced with the expressed permission of GLHS.
|Return to Lighthouses of the Great Lakes||Lake Erie Index|
Copyright © Lighthouse.Boatnerd.com