Pelee Island
By

Deactivated in 1909, the light was allowed to deteriorate to virtual ruins. Only the stone tower remained. A recent movement has started restoration and a new lantern has been installed.

Click on image to enlarge

Photograph by Rich and Karen Bryan

Location: Northeastern tip of Pelee Island.
Date Built: 1833
Active: No

Open to
public:

Yes

 

Return to Lighthouses of the Great Lakes Lake Erie Index

Copyright Lighthouse.Boatnerd.com