A one-story ‘sculpted concrete’ service building with attached 4-story brick and concrete tower, built in 1918, to mark a point of land that juts into Lake Erie. The original Fresnel Lens still rotates inside 10-sided lantern room.
The whole structure sits on a raised concrete island and concrete stairs descend to a narrow walkway to the shore.
The light is surrounded by private land and can best be seen by private boat or from Crystal Beach Park across the bay.
The lighthouse is owned by the City of Fort Erie, and tours are periodically available through the City offices.
|Return to Lighthouses of the Great Lakes||Lake Erie Index|
Copyright © Lighthouse.Boatnerd.com