Bustard Rocks Range Lights
Three square wooden tower range lights that guide vessel into and out of the French River. They also warn sailors of the danger of Isabel Rock located nearby.
The islands are devoid of vegetation, and the three towers vary in height from 48 feet to 27 feet above the level of Georgian Bay.
A 1-1/2 story keeper's dwelling was added in 1910 and removed in 1965.
The lights were fully automated in 1969 when automatic bulb changers and a 12-volt power supply was installed.
|Return to Lighthouses of the Great Lakes||Lake Huron Index|
Copyright © Lighthouse.Boatnerd.com