Cheboygan Light (Lighthouse Point)

Located in Cheboygan, Michigan this was the oldest of the Cheboygan lights built having been built in 1853. It was decommissioned in 1920 and abandoned by the Coast Guard. Without the watchful eye of the Coast Guard to protect the light, vandals damaged the building and it was necessary to tear it down. Today all that is left are the remnants of walls and scattered bricks.

Click on image to enlarge

Photograph by Ron Texter

Location: Cheboygan, Michigan
Date Built: 1853
Return to Lighthouses of the Great Lakes Lake Huron Index

Copyright Lighthouse.Boatnerd.com