Gereaux Island Light
Located at the mouth of Byng Inlet in Georgian Bay.
The pyramidal wooden tower with attached single story dwelling has been referred to as a "Georgian Bay" style light. There are six similar lights in the area.
This light is 48-feet tall and sits on a small rock outcropping. The station is a summer rescue station and visitors are welcome.
The present light was built in 1880 to replace an 1870 structure.
|Return to Lighthouses of the Great Lakes||Lake Huron Index|
Copyright © Lighthouse.Boatnerd.com