The station is located on Lake Huron in the town of Port Sanilac, Michigan.
Built at a cost of $20,000 and first exhibited in October, 1886. The red brick keeper's residence is attached to the white brick tower. Other structures on the site include a brick oil house, wooden outhouse and wooden covered well.
The octagonal hourglass brick tower is 59-feet to top of ventilator ball and creates a focal plane 69-feet above Lake Huron. The tower is 14-feet in diameter at the base and tapers to 9-feet at the parapet.
The light is shown through the original Fourth Order Fresnel Lens consisting of 9 fixed panels and brass reflector creating an arc of illumination of 300 degrees.
The light remains an active aid to navigation maintained by the U. S. Coast Guard, and the residence is now private.
Neither are open to the public. The light can be viewed and photographed from the adjacent street and marina.
Click on images to enlarge
|Return to Lighthouses of the Great Lakes||Lake Huron Index|
Copyright © Lighthouse.Boatnerd.com