Western Island
 

Located on Double Top Island, which is part of the southern group of the Western Island in Georgian Bay, about 22 miles southwest of Parry Sound.

The name is strange in that the island group is not in the western part of Georgian Bay, but in the southeast part. However, the rock, outcropping on which this light is located, is the most western rock in the group.

Accessible only by boat.

Click on image to enlarge

Photo by Greg Gowing

Location: Double Top Island in Georgian Bay
Date Built: 1895
Active: Yes

Open to
public:

N.

 

Return to Lighthouses of the Great Lakes Lake Huron Index

Copyright Lighthouse.Boatnerd.com