The Kagawog Lighthouse guides vessels in to Mudge Bay and the village of Kagawong, located on the north side of Manitoulin Island.
It was built in 1888, to replace the original (1880) light that was built on the end of a dock. The lights guided timber and fishing vessels into the harbor which was once served a busy industrial town. The light now is used mostly by pleasure craft.
The 31-foot tall white wood frame structure is topped by a square red lantern.
Located on a hill overlooking Main Street and the harbor, near the municipal marina. Follow Highway 540 in to the town of Kagawong.
|Return to Lighthouses of the Great Lakes||Lake Huron Index|
Copyright © Lighthouse.Boatnerd.com