North Pier Light
A tapered square, red steel tower on white concrete base, located at the end of the north pier, marking the entrance to the Menominee River from Green Bay.
Built in 1927 to replace an 1877 light, the tower is 25 feet tall and 15 feet wide.
The 10-sided lantern no longer contains the original Fourth-Order lens. The lens has been moved to the restored Sand Point Lighthouse in Escanaba.
Located on the end of the north break water in Menominee, Michigan.
This active aid to navigation is not open to the public, but access is close enough for pictures. Go to Harbor Drive at the end of First Street.
Storm Photos by Dock Lund
2008 Interior views - Dick Lund
|Return to Lighthouses of the Great Lakes||Lake Michigan Index|
Copyright © Lighthouse.Boatnerd.com