Port Credit Replica Light
This is a replica of the light that served from 1882 until 1918.
The original square wooden tower was located on the end of the north breakwater pier, at the mouth of the Credit River.
As traffic diminished into the port, and silting reduced the depth of the water, the light was of little value. It was extinguished in 1918.
The original tower was destroyed by fire in 1936.
Photographs by John Wood
|Return to Lighthouses of the Great Lakes||Lake Ontario Index|
Copyright © Lighthouse.Boatnerd.com