Port Weller Outer Light
This art-deco reinforced concrete structure is typical of the era in which it was built - 1931.
Located at the end of a 1500-foot pier on the west side of the entrance to the Welland Canal from Lake Ontario. The light marks the entrance to Port Weller, the northern terminus of the canal. Port Weller is the fourth northern entrance to the canal and was established in 1932.
There is no public access to the light, due to an active Canadian Coast Guard base located on the peninsula. The light is best viewed from a boat or the east pier.
|Return to Lighthouses of the Great Lakes||Lake Ontario Index|
Copyright © Lighthouse.Boatnerd.com