Island Rear Range Light
The light was originally erected as a rear range light on Peche Island, in 1908. The ranges marked the down-bound channel from Lake St. Clair to the entrance to the Detroit River.
The light was decommissioned in 1982 after a numbers of years of leaning. It was replaced by a skeletal steel tower with an orange and white daymark.
The Coast Guard moved the light to Marine City at the insistence of local residents.
The round, conical steel plate tower is topped by a black walkway and white lantern. The tower has only a single window.
Located in Marine City, Michigan, on Water Street, on the banks of the St. Clair River.
|Return to Lighthouses of the Great Lakes||St. Clair River Index|
Copyright © Lighthouse.Boatnerd.com