Ogdensburg Harbor Light
This 65-foot square limestone tower, with attached limestone dwelling, marks the mouth of the Oswegathchie River where it empties into the St. Lawrence River.
A light was exhibited at this location as early as 1834. The present light was built in 1900. The light is a private residence, but the owners are attempting to find funds to restore and preserve the station.
The spit of land adjacent to the light originally served as a railroad ferry dock that connected Ogdensburg with Prescott, Ontario across the river.
|Return to Lighthouses of the Great Lakes||St. Lawrence Index|
Copyright © Lighthouse.Boatnerd.com