Quebec City Light
From 1904 to1977, this light was the headlight of Point-à-la-Renommée in Gaspesia, on the Gaspe Peninsula.
In 1977, the light was relocated to Quebec city, near Quartier Petit Champlain at the foot of the St. Lawrence River.
After nearly 20 years in Quebec city, and many years of protest by of people of Pointe-à-la-Renommée, the light was retuned to its original site of Phare de Pointe-à-la-Renommée in Gaspesia in 1997. In English it was called Fame-Point.
|Return to Lighthouses of the Great Lakes||St. Lawrence Index|
Copyright © Lighthouse.Boatnerd.com