Neebish Front Range Light
On the north end of Neebish Island in the St. Mary's River facing down bound traffic.
A round, 40-foot tall metal tower, the marker is one of the very few original range lights from the 1800's. It is no longer used, and like many lighthouses and range markers, it has been replaced by steel skeletal towers.
This light is flanked by a modern tower on each side. Where there is two-way traffic in the St. Marys River channels, two sets of range are in place to guide both up and down bound traffic to their own side of the channel.
|Return to Lighthouses of the Great Lakes||St. Marys River Index|
Copyright © Lighthouse.Boatnerd.com