The octagonal brick tower has been mostly hidden by the surrounding vegetation.
Built in 1888, the lantern was been removed from the tower in 1937 and a steel skeletal structure put in its place. The steel holds a orange and white vertical striped day mark.
The island is privately owned, but is for sale. No additional development can take place as the island is wildlife sanctuary. There are two 2-bedroom houses on the island.
The tower can only be seen by boat.
|Return to Lighthouses of the Great Lakes||St. Marys River Index|
Copyright © Lighthouse.Boatnerd.com