This former aid to navigation sits on a small pile of granite, on the northwest side of St. Joseph Island in the St. Joseph Channel of the St. Marys River.
Erected in 1890, the light once served commercial shipping that used the St. Joseph Channel, but it has served no purpose for a long time.
The wooden two-story dwelling has a square wooden on top. The windows are boarded up, but the paint appears to be new.
It is possible to see this light, with binoculars, from the bridge connecting St. Joseph Island with the Canadian mainland. It is also possible to get a rear view of the light from St. Joseph Island, but the best view is by boat.
The light is not an active aid to navigation, and is not open to the public.
|Return to Lighthouses of the Great Lakes||St. Marys River Index|
Copyright © Lighthouse.Boatnerd.com