Angus Island is a small island on the west side of the entrance to Thunder Bay.
The first light here was established in 1927. It was a white wooden building with a square, wooden lantern on top.
The present light is shown from a skeletal steel tower that has a focal plane 81 feet above Lake Superior. The modern optic flashes every 20 seconds and is visible for up to 16 miles.
|Return to Lighthouses of the Great Lakes||Lake Superior Index|
Copyright © Lighthouse.Boatnerd.com