Long Point Light

This tall white concrete tower stand near the end of Long Point in Lake Erie. It is the third light to be located here to mark this dangerous sand bar peninsula that extends well out into the lake. Previous lights were built in 1830 and 1843.

A keeper's dwelling was located near the tower, but was allowed to fall into ruin after automation of the light.

Viewing the light is best done by boat. A large part of the end of Long Point is a Canadian National Wildlife Area.

Click on images to enlarge

Photographs by Brad & Kris Cronkwright

2011 Views - Dave Wobser
 

West side           East Side

Location: East end of Long Point
Date Built: 1916
Active: Yes

Open to
public:

No, grounds only

 

Return to Lighthouses of the Great Lakes Lake Erie Index

Copyright Lighthouse.Boatnerd.com