Marais (Minnesota) Light
Located on the outer end of the east breakwater in Grand Marais, Minnesota. Built in 1922 to replace an 1885 structure, the 34-foot skeleton steel tower contains the original 1885 Fifth-Order lens made by Sautter & Co., Paris. The watch room is encased in steel plates and supports a cast iron lantern and surrounding walkway.
The light is an active aid to navigation and is not open to the public.
The keeper's house, built in 1896 is a Cook County Historical Museum. Located in downtown Grand Marais, the museum is open in the summer months 10:00 - 5:00 weekdays, and 12:00 - 5:00 Sundays.
Copyright © Lighthouse.Boatnerd.com